- Taking Over The Farm
- Players that have grown attached to working the land at Sunsong Ranch can now acquire the farm from Farmer Yoon via a quest. The farmhouse becomes a rest point like an Inn, where the player can bind and instantly log out. Work orders will pour into the farm from factions across Pandaria, and completing a work order will earn a reputation boost with the issuing faction.
- The option to take over the farm is available to characters that are exalted with the Tillers and have unlocked all 16 farm plots.
- Pet Battles
- Many new Battle Pets and Battle Pet abilities have been added.
- A number of new pets can be found on the Isle of Lightning, including rare spawn drops, wild pets, and raid boss drops.
- Mantid Archaeology has been added. Players will be able to uncover common and rare Mantid artifacts. Players can purchase a Mantid Artifact Sonic Locator to focus exclusively on Mantid digsites.
- The Lorewalker’s Map now randomizes all digsites in Pandaria, rather than just 1.
- Updates have been made to the “museum” at the Seat of Knowledge.
- New raid and PvP blacksmithing recipes have been added, and can be acquired through daily research of Lightning Steel Ingots.
- Seasoned Blacksmiths will be able to find a way to create Lightning Steel Ingots once their realm has unlocked the Thunderforges on the Isle of Thunder. These ingots will allow blacksmiths to recreate powerful weapons from the past, updated for Mists of Pandaria. These power weapons will be bind-on-equip and making them will take a significant amount of dedication.
- For blacksmiths who have lapsed in their trade (i.e., haven’t practiced blacksmithing since the Burning Crusade), there is a (not necessarily cost efficient) way to catch-up. Blacksmiths at your faction’s shrines in the
- Vale of Eternal Blossoms will be able to teach you training plans for crafting common household items using Ghost Iron.
- The chance to fish up Flying Tiger Gourami, Spinefish Alpha and Mimic Octopus has been increased.
- Reputation gains from bringing rare Pandarian fish for Nat Pagle to examine has been increased.
- Players with a high fishing skill have a chance to fish up new pets. The Pet Journal has clues on where these elusive pets could be found.
- Fish of the Day: On any given day, there is a location in Pandaria teeming with a type of Pandaren fishing pool. Ben of the Booming Voice, located near the Halfhill Market area will inform players what the “Fish of the Day” is and mark the location on their map.
- Jewelcrafters may find the designs for Serpent’s Heart and uncut Primal Diamonds during the course of their adventures (world drops).
- Serpent’s Heart is a daily cooldown that consumes several Serpent’s Eyes to create a random rare quality Pandaren gem. In addition, there is a small chance that a player will discover the design for the Sapphire Cub or Jade Owl.
- The design for uncut Primal Diamonds requires Spirits of Harmony and large quantities of uncommon gems.
- Patterns for Magnificence of Leather and Magnificence of Scales could be found via world drops. These patterns allow the leatherworker to create Magnificent Hides more economically and share a daily cooldown. In addition to producing a Magnificent Hide, the leatherworker will learn a new 5.2 raid or PvP pattern.
- A new 36 slot leather bag (Magnificent Hide Pack) can now be created through Leatherworking.
- New raid and PvP recipes have been added, and tailors can acquire these new recipes via the daily Imperial Silk cooldown.
- Teebu’s Blazing Longsword once again appropriately illuminates its surroundings.
- Transmogrification rules have been broadened for several weapon types.
- Two-handed axes, maces, and swords can be Transmogrified to each other.
- One-handed axes, maces, and swords can be Transmogrified to each other.
- Staves and polearms can be transmogrified to each other.
- Skyshards are now Bind on Account.
- Sunsong Ranch
- Seed bags have been added that allow planting of crops 4 plots at a time.
- Yoon's Mailbox has been renamed to Sunsong Ranch Mailbox.
- The yield from special crops has been improved to make farming them competitive with gathering these items out in the world.
- Running the Master Plow across underground Virmen will cause them to pop out of the ground at 30% health and stunned.
- Wild Crops will now occur less often.
That's the roundup of the patch 5.2 relevant patch notes. My favorite are the changes to the Sunsong Ranch, should make farming less of a chore! What's your favorite part of the 5.2 gold making changes?
If you like my blog follow me on twitter, @PhatLewtsGold!!
I like the ranch changes too - will be farming herbs still.
I also like the fishing - will be tempted to get to exalted with Pat Nagel - but just for the hell of it.
Also looking forward to more pets - buying pets for my collection (467 so far) was why I started to make gold in the first place.
Hopefully they fix the thing with running over the vermin, I ended up with an occupied plot that I couldn't do a thing with, a dead vermin and having to log out to get the plot active again. When I logged back, it was re-occupied and I had to kill the vermin a second time before I could hoe the plot.ReplyDelete
Hopefully tomorrow's rolling restarts will take care of this.
To fix that bug just log out and in again ...don't kill the rabit vermin before stun is over...or leave your plot for a few munutesReplyDelete