Just to point out, most of what I say here is complete speculation, no one has actually been on WoW's Alpha client yet, so everything that is known now is solely from data files.
Alchemy seems to be a profession they focused on with this iteration of the alpha of Warlords of Draenor. From MMO-Champion we know Alchemy has been restructured to include the following categories:
- Alchemy of Draenor
- Ancient Alchemical Recipes
It seems to me that Ancient Alchemical Recipes will have the same subheadings, so immediately we see that Warlords of Draenor alchemy is going to be changed dramatically. We also have some of the following items which have been so far datamined from the Alpha PTR:
- Metamorphic Crystal - Self described as a "Key component in the most potent alchemical concoctions of Draenor", this seems to be a BoP item that will most likely be either Alchemy's daily CD or a key crafting component.
- Alchemical Catalyst
- Alchemist's Cauldron - Seems to be the current source of Metamorphic Crystals and Alchemical Catalysts.
- Essence of the Shapers
- Cresecent Oil
Engineering is getting quite a few items that seems to look like either Engineering items that will be able to be used by non-Engineers and/or replace old recipes (Jeeves, MOLL-E, etc.). I think this has the potential to upset quite a few Engineers, but we do not know about any of the other changes to the profession, so hopefully the sobbing is kept to a minimum.
- Some new blue items (presumably crafting items): Megawatt Filament and Oglethorpe's Missile Splitter.
- Gearspring Parts - Found by fixing or creating devices.
- Bottled Elements - New crafting reagent, seems similar to the Alchemical Catalyst above.
- Some notable items I mentioned above that seem to be new r versions of current items:
- GUMM-E - MOLL-E usable by non-Engineers.
- Walter - A BoP clone of Jeeves. Even has Jeeves in the current tooltip of the spell.
- Findle's Loot-a-rang - seems to be a non-Engineer version of the Loot-A-Rang.
Enchanting has gotten some new mats, keep in mind these may be placeholder names:
few recipes which have been datamined. Honestly these look really raw, and I wouldn't read too much into them, but currently only Ring, Cloak, Neck (that's new!), Weapon, and Glove enchants have been added in the Alpha. Take a look around if you're interested, not much to see.
It seems that there will be a bit of a change to fishing, first of all if you're for some reason interested all the new meat names can be found here. The interesting part to me is that looking at their tooltips, you'll notice that some of the Fish from Warlords of Draenor will be caught with specific types of bait, and there are multiple sizes of fish, let's take a look at an example.
- Small Fire Ammonite - Low skill version
- Large Fire Ammonite - Presumably "decent" skill version
- Enormous Fire Ammonite - Experienced skill version
- Fire Ammonite Tentacle - The meat from the above fish
There are also two new feasts in the Alpha, Feast of Blood and Feast of the Waters, presumably being land animals and fish. There are also a ton of new cooking items that can be found at this link.
It seems that all herbs will be confined to certain zones as described on their tooltip, and we have a new Lotus replacement:
- Chameleon Lotus - Seems to spawn randomly from herb nodes based on it's tooltip. Creative name IMO.
- Gorgrond Flytrap
- Nagrand Arrowbloom
- Talador Orchid
A bunch of new glyphs were added, we are not yet sure how they will be introducing these into the game, but they will more than compensate for the "Auto learned glyphs". Check out all the new glyphs at this link.
There have been a few items added to LW/Skinning, again just names for now:
- Starglazed Leather - Seem to be the new blue leather piece.
- Stitched Starglazed Leather - an interesting tooltip, seems to be pieces of the blue leather stiched together by herb stems...interesting.
- Native Beast Hide
Finally just some ore/bars, uncreative names IMO, but it's just alpha they could (probably won't) change:
- Blackrock Ore
- True Iron Ore
- Draenic Iron Ore
- Draenic Iron Bar
- Blackrock Steel Ingot
- Crucible Steel Ingot
So while there are not currently any recipes logged for any of these professions, we got a whole slew of what seems to be craftable gear for BS. There are way too many links to include here, but I'll be using all of these items as an example. Check that out to follow along.
So there seem to be two tiers of rare items, ilvl 637 and 643 (and one weird outlier of 646). Of these items, one seems to have a chance to proc a red gem slot, and another has a chance to proc a prismatic gem slot (I'm gleaning this from their item #s from the seemingly identical items being drastically different). They all require level 91.
It also seems that these 4 items have the chance to be epic, or are able to be made epic. Important to distinguish, but we do not know the mechanic yet, so too soon to say. Of those epic forms there are 4 different ilvl tiers: i650, i656, i666, and i672. Now Hwoo has mentioned gear procs scaling by profession level, don't know if this has anything to do with that. It seems like a very complex mechanic, whatever it's going to be.
There are also items added called Embodiments, you can find them all here. What I think these will be are the mechanics that Hwoo has mentioned, that have the ability to reroll the stats on a random proc crafted item. No details how they work or where they come from, but they're there.
Whew. I'm sure I missed a thing or two, but here is a plethora of information for you to go through from the Alpha. Hope you enjoyed!
No new gems? That worries me.ReplyDelete
it's still alpha, plenty of things can be added at any time.Delete
Yes, 99% of what's going to be in the game is not in this Alpha client. The only reason I think they added the new glyphs was for testing purposes. We're 5+ months out of the expansion, there will be new gems.Delete