Something happened with this page. I need to fix it to include all the links in their proper spots, and if you're reading this, I haven't yet.
If you haven't been reading my blog, or perhaps you missed some posts, Nev from Auction House Addict came out with a 20 Days of Goldmaking Challenge, which I completed, and I'm going to highlight my answers to all her questions here with TL;DR versions, with links to the posts, if you're interested in reading more. Hope you enjoy reading them as much as I enjoyed writing them!
1. When did you start gold making & what triggered it?
I started gold making out of 'necessity'. I sold gold, and eventually got banned.
2. If you set yourself a goal, what was your goal & at what point did you set it?
Having a ton of max level characters to take advantage of was key!
4. Do you use a banker alt/guild? When did you start doing that & why?
I always post the bulk of my high profit auctions from the character I play the most on, which switches from time to time.
6. Which market has made you the most gold over the years?
First thing I'd do is sell a Battle Pet or two for quick capital, then I'd get into my basic flipping markets while leveling a DK to 80 ASAP.
8. Thinking back to day 2, did you ever reach your goal or are you still working towards it? If you reached it - have you set yourself a new one?
Wrath Epic Gems. They're timeless, and they always sell (since WotLK) for good profit margins.
10. Do you farm materials? Why? Why not? & which ones, where?
iSold, Auditor, Mogit, Gathermate 2.0.
12. What was your biggest 'oops' moment?
Quickly Flipping two TCG Mounts for insane profit!
14. How much of your playtime is devoted to gold making? Do you raid/pvp/pet battle too or is the AH your main playtime?
I have everything except skinning/LW. Check my page for my spread if you're interested.
16.Flipping! Do you flip stuff regularly or sometimes? Big ticket items or smaller high volume stuff?
Overall pet battles were a disappointment to me, I can still sell vendor pets, and Caged Pets are great for new servers.
18.What is the most important bit of advice you could give to a new gold maker? (not a game newbie though, just a newbie gold maker)
Invincible's Reins for 750k.
20. Lets spread some blog love - which are your 'must read' or 'go to' gold blogs or even other places you go for information & reading matter?
participants here. Some really great reads!